[mythtv-users] More problems with non-master backend

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jun 22 15:50:08 UTC 2005

> PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
>
> >What do I need to do to the mythbackend startup scripts
> >to tell it to connect to a remote mysql installation for mythtv?
> >

> Run mythtv-setup on the new machine and configure the database
> address and credentials in there I think
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

I don't need to run  the setup (already did), but I did modify
mysql.txt in both /root/.mythtv/mysql.txt and
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt to point to the master db ip address
and it has the correct user name and password.

I can run the frontend on this new machine ok, I just can't get the
backend started.

Paul