[mythtv-users] prebuffering pause messages

Pete Clarke pete at dynotechnic.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 15:01:07 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have MythTV setup on an Athlon 2000+ machine, with 512MB ram and all is
good.
That is, unless I try to watch live tv...( I haven't tried recording yet
:-).
After about a minute or so the picture stops and the console window is full
of "prebuffering pause" messages.  I understand that this could be an issue
to do with the via chipset on the motherboard?
If so, is there a remedy (other than buying a new motherboard - that would
be the last resort ;-).

Cheers