[mythtv-users] feature request: plasma burn-in module

David mythtv at morrisonthenet.com
Tue Jun 21 23:59:02 UTC 2005

Well, you could write an X screensaver, but I don't think you need to.
Most Linux distros come with a multiple of screensavers and I'm pretty
sure that several offer background color cycling.  If not, one should be
simple to write, and would not require Myth programming at all.  Just
let the saver kick in on an idle timer like usual.

However you'd probably want to at least script something to disable it
when playing videos/live TV since you wouldn't want it kicking in while
watching something.