[mythtv-users] PVR350, CC, and mythdvd

Scott catfather at donpoo.net
Mon Jun 20 16:33:19 UTC 2005

On Jun 20, 2005, at 10:58 AM, GREG & AMY LINDLEY wrote:
> Thanks for the info and I have looked into these options already.
> It sounds like I need to explain things a little better.  We use a
> tvguardian to filter some of the language in our movies.  This
> allows us to watch movies as a family that we wouldn't normally
> watch.  This only works off the CC/VBI data.  If I can't get this
> working, my little project appears to be a bust and the DVD player
> has to go back in.  If nobody has this working on the 350, does
> anyone have other options that do work?

Yup, that's a whole different animal. :) As a guess, I would say the
solution would be with either Xine or Mplayer. You might want to get
on the users list for Xine and see if the video stream out of Xine
includes the VBI data or if anyone has any tools you can use to look
at the stream and check it out.

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1