[mythtv-users] Xine choppy video

Deon Bredenhann deon1 at propellerheads.co.za
Sun Jun 19 19:41:17 UTC 2005

Hi all

I'm rather new to the whole MythTV thing (This past week I installed and
played), and love it so far.
At the moment I'm only looking in to play, not recording.
Music, Video and Photo is working fine.
Now playing DVD's is the problem. When I try Xine, I get a lot of frame
loss, but the same DVD plays video fine in mplayer.
Already checked DMA and lots of Google pages later, still no answer.
How come mplayer plays it OK, but it seems like Xine is struggling.
I check CPU usage and it is running below 50% ??

My Setup
Jarods install on FC3
2.4GHz proc
512 Mb RAM
Hauppauge PVR350 running X on the 350's output.

Any help will be appreciated.

I'm going slightly mad.