[mythtv-users] Machine hangs, poss. because of PVR-250

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 22:26:15 UTC 2005

Peter,
   Why the PVR-250? Why not the Firewire? The shuttle MB? Even memory
could be a cause here. What about generic overheating?

   If it really crashes this often then I'd do this:

1) Reboot without loading ivtv at all. Let it run for a day. Any crash?

2) If it crashes with the PVR-250 in but ivtv not loaded then remove
the PVR-250 from the machine and run for another day. Any more
crashes?

   If you go at it one step at a time eventually the real root cause
will appear. More often than not, in my experience, these problems are
caused by the motherboard or memory. Run memtest86 for 6 hours and see
what happens.

Good luck,
Mark