[mythtv-users] Any Fedora Core 3 nuvexport RPMs out there?

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:56:41 UTC 2005

On 6/17/05, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> >   I've failed utterly to build one of the [seemingly many] deps. for
> > nuvexport (can't remember off the top of my head;  the one with the
> > built-in ffmpeg dep.) on my FC3 box.  The package in question has
> > compilation errors (which I've fixed) and off ffmpeg link errors (which
> > have confounded me).
>
> I build RPM's for nuvexport and put them right on the site along with
> the rest of the downloads:
>
> http://forevermore.net/files/nuvexport/
>
> How can you have compile problems?  nuvexport doesn't get compiled.  You
> could also just do:
>
> rpmbuild -tb nuvexport-0.2-0.20050605.cvs.tar.bz2
>
> Anyway, you'll get a package requirement for "lve" -- this doesn't
> compile in fc3, so you're stuck without the ability to run mpeg2cut (you
> can install the nuvexport rpm safely with --nodeps if that's the only
> problem you see)
>
> -Chris

Or add Dag's repo to apt's sources-list, temporarily:
rpm http://apt.sw.be/ redhat/el3/en/i386 dag
rpm http://apt.sw.be/ fedora/3/en/i386 dag

Then apt-get install lve gets you this version: lve-0.040322-1.1.el3.rf

You can comment out Dag's lines after you're done.
--
Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net