[mythtv-users] Character encoding problem in UK Radio Times XML data

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 12:13:31 UTC 2005

On 6/17/05, Neil Bird <neil at fnxweb.com> wrote:
> Around about 17/06/05 09:55, Nick typed ...
> > Probably an easier solution out there - have you tried temp changing
> > to 8859-1 to see if the problem disappears?
>
>    Heh, I'm wary of doing that on an FC box;  when I put my main PC up
> to FC3 from FC2 I had *major* grief until I realised I still wasn't
> using a UTF8 locale (diligently upgraded from RH 6.1).
>

>    What's the sequence for manually doing the xmltv/fill-database then?
>   I wanted to get around to this at some point so's I could merge in
> data from another source, but I've always been worried I'd break it :)

Something like

$ perl /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/dvb.xmltv --output
/home/mythtv/uk_rt_sourceid1-dvb.xml --quiet
$ mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 1 -1 /home/mythtv/uk_rt_sourceid1-dvb.xml

Possible options for both programs are contained within them -
essentially you need to configure the xmltv file so the grabber gets
the channels you want, and then make sure that mythfilldatabase fills
the data on the correct sourceid in the myth database.

Nick