[mythtv-users] Feature Request: allowable overlap for recordings?

David Kyle david.kyle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:56:03 UTC 2005

I understand why there shouldn't be an automatic resolution of
schedules involving different channels, but what about having an
option to have conflicts on the same channel resolve automatically?
If two programs on the same channel conflict by a few minutes, then
just have the second one start late.  The second program will have
it's beginning tacked onto the end of the first one, but it would be
better than not recording at all.

In my case, I have The Simpsons set to record every time it airs on
any channel.  This way I get both the syndicated ones on WB and the
new ones on FOX.  I set it to start and end one minute early/late.
This works fine unless someone airs two episodes back to back, in
which case the second one doesn't get recorded at all.  I can fix it
manually, but it's a pain to do it when it could easily be done
automatically.  I can't really think of any cases where this automatic
behavior would be less desirable than the current behavior.