[mythtv-users] Plextor ConvertX troubles

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 18:23:28 UTC 2005

I got myth tv to 'work' (DVD ripping does dot work, it
fails on my Matrix Reloaded DVD) but my Plextor
encoders are acting all weird.

The video goes off the screen at 1024x768, so I only
get 1/4 of the picture (this I can chalk up to not
really an encoder issue) but the video I get is
extremely blocky and absolutely horrid. You can barely
tell the channel that it is on. It is like it is using
the absolute minimum bits. Also, the encoders don't
seem to work from boot. I need to unplug and replug
them in. Yes, I said them (I have 2) but i gave up on
gettng both to work, so I am only workign with one
right now. I did mess around in the encoder settings.
I can't figure out how to get them to MPEG2, they seem
locked on MPEG4, and regardless of the bit rate
slider, the images are about the same.

Any help would be apppreciated.
This is the most recent version of knoppmyth, with
myth 18.1