[mythtv-users] Backend & Back/Frontend specs.

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 10:21:46 UTC 2005

On 16/06/05, Pete Clarke <pete at dynotechnic.co.uk> wrote:
> #Deducing from the preceding emails:
> #Pete is all of the following:
> #1.  A geek
> #2.  Rich
> #3.  A computer nut
> #4.  A geek with lots of toys
> #5.  An A/V toy factory worker/owner with a specialty on HTPC
> #6.  A geek
> #We know for sure 1 and 6, but the rest are all speculation ;)
>
> :-)
> 1, 3, 4 and 6 are all true I'm afraid.
>
> #Sounds very nice!  The only thing I'd watch out for are noise from your
> combined #FE/BE simply because it's in the lounge, which to me sounds like
> it might be a #nice quiet room.
>
> Normally it is, except when the kids are running riot!
>
> Everything is going quite well, except getting the channel listings (via
> xmltv and mythfilldatabase) ... Does anyone in the UK have a working
> xmltv/mythfilldatabase "thing" running and willing to share some tips?
>
> Cheers

I've got it working well for terrestrial channels, and was half way
through setting up freeview when I broke my dvb setup by upgrading the
kernel.

I think there's several ways of doing it.  What is your problem.

select the alternative uk listing source in mythtvsetup.  When you
exist that screen mythtvsetup appears to hang.  Toggle back to the
shell where you ran mythtvsetup and you should see tv_grab_uk_rt
asking you to select channels.

Select the channels you want.

When you've finished look at the conf file that tv_grab_uk_rt has generated in

~/.mythtv/

and you should see a list of web addresses corresponding to the
channels you picked.  Make sure that these appear as the XMLTVID in
the channel setup screen of mythtvsetup.

Then I think bob should be your uncle.