[mythtv-users] HDTV channels chopped video on Motorola 6200

Andy Alsup aalsup at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 05:30:05 UTC 2005

Dual firewire from Comcast 6200 works great for me.  I would try 3
tuners, but 2 is plenty for anything I watch.  Firewire may go away
some day but enjoy it while it lasts.

The problem with capturing any full res output (DVI, HDMI, Component)
is that they are uncompressed.  It would take a very expensive encoder
to put it back into the compressed mpeg that we get from firewire, and
the quality would drop too due to encoding loss.