[mythtv-users] Can I do this?

Bruce N brucen at ksl.com.au
Thu Jun 16 02:38:45 UTC 2005

Hi all...

After a bit more research on my part I think I have things a little
clearer. Can someone give me clarification that i can do this....

A MythTV backend box with capture card(s) on board, my Foxtel Digital
box and aerial leads in a back corner, cupboard, rack, whatever - all
connected together. This machine would do all the recording but no
playback - well maybe a little on the attached monitor. This box needs
grunt to work successfully OR capture card(s) like the Matrox G200 or
Hauppauge (sp?) 250 or 350.

A MythTV frontend box connected to my network, with a video card capable
of video out and IR remote attached, that connects to my TV. With this
box I could watch live TV, change channels on both the free-to-air feeds
and my Foxtel box and watch recorded shows.

Are my assumptions correct?

Cheers
Bruce