[mythtv-users] cd rip problems

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:31:01 UTC 2005

On 6/15/05, James Armstrong <james at thearmstrongs.org> wrote:
> I used to be able to rip audio CD's from mythfrontend. Now it detects
> the cd being inserted and takes me to the Optical disk menu and I select
> Import CD. From there is shows me the correct CD cddb information and
> the tracks, but when I click Import it hangs. The frontend is showing:
>
> cannot get exclusive permissions on /dev/cdrom or busy (or something
> close to that).
>
> I have searched everywhere for help on this and cannot find anything
> that helps. I am running CVS (as of last week) and am on 2.6.9-1.6_FC2

James,

when you did your upgrade/install last week did you modify (or forget
to modify) permissions in fstab for the cdrom?  does your Myth User
have perms to read from the cd?
also, before inserting your CD, check to see if the cdrom is mounted
or if something/one else is using it.  also, are your CD drivers
i've had this problem when trying to eject a CD before unmounting it. :)