[mythtv-users] Multitasking-multimonitors etc.

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Wed Jun 15 14:13:52 UTC 2005

Is this possible with myth?

I want to set up dual video cards and monitors,
1 dedicated to tv & multimedia presensation e.g. the myth gui (sony crt
projector at 800x600, 1024x768 or 720x1920)
the 2nd one as a typical console display (x/ kde/gnome). (lcd panel at
1600x1200)

The myth gui should prob. be the secondary display on an agp based ati 9200,
the primary display on a older lower end pci card (matrox millen),
I think a newer/faster card for <$100 would be a smart choice. with a chip
set yet to be determined.

Looks like I have to choose between nvidia or ati chipsets,  any card/chip
set prefs here?
Any gotchas in getting cards & dual displays running independantly?

So far when I boot it either a or b depending on bios settings

tia