[mythtv-users] Screen capture?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:44:22 UTC 2005

> Is it possible to do a screen capture of the video playing in the
> frontend - and yes I do know about mounting the video partition onto my
> main PC and using xine, but it doesn't work the way I want it to, and I
> need to do it with the frontend - any ideas anyone?

I use this script which someone off the list gave me to do
screenshots. It works fine for taking pictures of the menus etc, but
be warned that last time I ran it when a video was playing the machine
locked up and had to be rebooted - I don't know if that was a
coincidence or not.

Also, it seems to only be runnable as root.

#!/bin/bash
#
# Script : screenshot.sh
#
# When you've got the X Window you want to screenshot press Ctrl-Alt-F1 and
# log on to a console window and then run this file. It will produce a
# screenshot in /tmp.
#
# NB - script (chvt 7) assumes that X is running on VT7.
#

chvt 7 ; sleep 5 ; XAUTHORITY=/var/gdm/:0.Xauth DISPLAY=:0.0 import
-window root /tmp/screenshot-$$.png

Regards,
Phill