[mythtv-users] epg data and channel listing mismatch

Ray Lischner linux at tempest-sw.com
Tue Jun 14 13:38:58 UTC 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 09:20 pm, Joe Tsai wrote:

> I use pcHDTV 3000 card to receive the OTA contents via DVB input from
> mythtv. After finished the scan, I run mythfilldatabase to fill the
> program guide. It turns out my program guide contains two listings.
> One listing is associated with DVB scanning ( all labeled as unknown )
> and the other listing from mythfilldatabase ( with the correct program
> guide ).

I had the same problem, as have others.

If you look closely, you will see that the scanned channel number is
"91" and the EPG channel number is "9_1". I think that's why
mythfilldatabase could not associate them.

Now that you have both sets of channels, I think the easiest thing to do
is to look at all the EPG channels, and write down the XMLID for each
one. Then, in mythtv-setup, select Channel Editor, and set the XMLID
for each of the scanned channels. Also, change the channel number to
match the scanned number.

Next, run mythweb, click the Setup icon, and select "Channels". Delete
the EPG channels.
--
Ray Lischner, author of C++ in a Nutshell
http://www.tempest-sw.com/cpp