[mythtv-users] Surround Sound

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Tue Jun 14 04:29:36 UTC 2005

I'm most of the way through a FC3, PVR350 install and was wondering about
surround sound.

My current HiFi rig has been delegating this task to the VCR which I plan to
get rid of once MythTV is up and running. Is there such thing as an audio
card which can handle Dolby decoding and give me line-outs for the surround
speakers? If this is the case I'll look into buying or building a small amp
to handle the surround. The VCR was nice in that it had a small builtin
amplifier for surround and a pro-logic decoder.

I guess worst case I could look into getting a standalone surround decoder
and plug the output of the Myth box into it but if there is a solution in
the form of a PC card which does this it might be nicer.

Regards

Marty