[mythtv-users] PVR-350 versus PVR-500

Steve Nuffer nuffersp at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 19:17:45 UTC 2005

First, I haven't tried to build MythTV yet.  I need to purchase a capture card.  My proof of concent system isn't the greatest but I'm willing to spend some $$ on a card.

The PVR 500 is currently $40 cheaper then the PVR 350 at Amazon.  The manufacture's web site doesn't compare them all that well.  For those with more experience, which would you buy?

Do they both have the same hardware decoding for the PCs that lack the resources?

Remote on the 350
Dual capture on the 500.

Thanks,

Steve