[mythtv-users] Run Mythcommflag on slave?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jun 12 15:21:57 UTC 2005

> my master backend/frontend combo is running on a small epia machine.
> Therefore commflagging takes quite long and uses valuable cpu cycles.
>
> My workstation is running a slave backend, which would be much faster
> and less critical with cpu cycle usage.
>
> Is there a possibility to get the slave do the commfalgging or
> transcoding? Recording will be done mostly on the master.

Sure, just go into the backend setup program on your master and turn
OFF the setting that allows the master to run commflagging jobs.  Then
all commflagging jobs will run on your slave.  The setting is called
"Allow Commercial Detection jobs" and there are equivalent settings for
the User Jobs as well.  Make sure that you have the "Run Jobs
only on original recording host" setting turned OFF as well, otherwise
the recordings that recorded on your master would never get flagged.

--
Chris