[mythtv-users] HD-3000 firmware upload

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 13:03:40 UTC 2005

On 6/11/05, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 15:26 -0500, Mercury Morris wrote:
> >   As root,  modprobe cx88-dvb
>
> When I did download and install drivers, the following lines got added
> to my /etc/modprobe.conf file:
>
> alias char-major-81 cx88-blackbird
> install cx88-atsc /sbin/modprobe cx8800;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
> cx88-atsc
> install cx88-dvb /sbin/modprobe cx8800;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
> cx88-dvb
> install btcx-risc /sbin/modprobe tuner;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
> btcx-risc
>
> Something similar would probably take care of the module loading at boot
> time. My guess is, you don't need all of those lines and neither do I,
> but that's what's in my file and I don't have to worry about manually
>
> I don't even have an 'azap' program on my system, and the pcHDTV-3000
> card works fine (although I am only using it now for analog cable).

Well, all of the above - plus the fact that I don't have cx88-atsc on
my stsrem -
just goes to show that there are many way to get the HD-3000 card to work !

Over-the-air TV from the antenna on the roof is the only input for my HD-3000.
It might be worth a try to install xawtv and see if it will use my
HD-3000 without
the firmware being uploaded.  But before I get to that, I still have
to solve the
problem of Scanned Channels getting Guide Data associated with them.

--
MM