[mythtv-users] Considering MythTV, curious about relative WAF.

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Sun Jun 12 00:30:00 UTC 2005

>Overall my wife is marginally happy. She is terrified to touch it
>because it crashes every time, well almost every time. So for me it is
>going to take time to get her more confident using it. Again, I must
>be the only dumbass on the list.

Nah, I'm a dumbass too... just an inventive one :)

FYI, my script is as follows;

[root at mythtv bin]# vi checkbackend.sh
PROG=mythbackend
STATUS=`ps -e |grep $PROG |grep -v grep | wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`
if [ $STATUS -eq 0 ]
then
        ( /sbin/service $PROG start )
        `date >> /var/log/mythtv/restartlog.log`
fi
exit 0

It's in /usr/local/bin and is scheduled in CRON to run every minute. Nice and simple.