[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-3000 2.0 settings

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 19:35:52 UTC 2005

On 6/11/05, Xiaotian Sun <sun.xiaotian at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > what i did, which is simpler in my opinion (only one scan, doesn't
> > > involve direct manipulation of the database, etc.)
> > >
> > > 1. delete the old channel setup
> > > 2. run a channel scan
> > > 3. customize zap2it line-up to include only those scanned channels
> > > 4. retrieve the line-up
> > > 5. go to channel setup and got the xmltv id (don't remember the exact
> > > name, something like that) from the retrieved channels
> > > 6. type in the xmltv id in the corresponding scanned channel
> > > 7. go to mythweb and delete the retrieved channels
> > > 8. run mythfilldatabase to get the listings
> >
> > Xiaotian,
> >
> > I think I understand what your steps above will accomplish
> > and it's pretty clever.  Seems like you are fooling mythfilldatabase
> > to get the data and store/associate it with the scanned channels.
> >
> > I have one question though.  Since I don't have mythweb, is there
> > an alternative way to delete the retrieved channels?  Or, is it absolutely
> > necessary to delete the retrieved channels?
>
> I think in order to avoid confusion to the mythtv scheduler, it's
> better to delete the duplicated channels.  If you don't have mythweb,
> I think you can do it this way: write down those xmltv id's and delete
> the entire channel setup.  Then do a channel scan and fill in the
> xmltv id's.
>
> But mythweb is very convenient for scheduling recording, editing key
> bindings, etc.  I suggest you to insall and configure it.

Thanks for answering, I appreciate your suggestion about
installing and configuring mythweb.  Solving the HD-3000
DVB driver problems just seemed to be enough of a burden
without adding any extras, such as mythweb.

I do have all the XMLTV IDs written down, so I can give
your alternative idea a try.  At least, it would be a starting
place, just to see if it's possible to get the Guide Data and
try to record using it.

Thanks again for your help.

--
MM