[mythtv-users] After FE_HAS_LOCK, what next?

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 16:34:02 UTC 2005

On 6/11/05, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> No worries - I've attached a screenshot to be precise.

Wow!  A screen shot - must have been the magic - Thanks Phill.

I can watch TV now - the two buttons showed up AFTER the
following steps:

  ./configure --enable-dvb
  make clean
  make
  make install

When I compiled mythtv last Thursday, it took only 5 minutes.
This time it took the expected 17 minutes.

The two buttons appeared - just as in your screen shot.

I did the Scan for channels(s) - took a while - but it found
the strong signals.  After that, I started the backend and the
frontend, selected Watch TV, and a picture appeared.

Thanks again for telling me about the two buttons, that was the
key to finding out my last mythtv compile did not result in the
correct output.  The 'make clean' must have reset everything
so that the latest compile made things come out right.

Now, next problem - how to get the Guide Data channel numbers
to match the channel numbers created by the 'Scan for channels(s)'.
Surely, someone - even many someones - must have solved that
problem.  I sure hope so, because all I can do is Watch TV, and
I'd really like to be able to Record TV, too :) !

--
MM