[mythtv-users] Hauppage Quality comparison question

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 16:05:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

I currently have a MythTV box with a PVR-250. I am happy with its
quality for capturing SD cable TV.

Is there any noticeable quality difference between the PVR-250 and the
newer 150/500 models? Does anyone have a Mythbox that has both a 250
and a 150 (or 500) in it that can give a direct comparison (since all
other variables should be identical).

I am planning on building my second Mythbox and want to know if I
should spring for a PVR-250 again or is the 150 equivalent in quality.

I can get PVR250MCE locally for $171 (Canadian) or for $184 I can get
the 500MCE. $13 for dual tuners is tempting, but not if the quality is
poo. In fact, two 150MCEs would be $172.

Are there any issues making two 150s work in the same box? Is there
any advantage/disadvantage of two 150s over one 500?

I can't seem find much on the list comparing the quality of each card
which surprised me.