[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV in "Systm", episode 2

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 06:39:39 UTC 2005

On 6/10/05, Tyler Drake <pcjabber at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/9/05, Tyler Drake <pcjabber at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Some more good publicity =)
> >
> > From the announcement email I got:
> > "Systm Episode 2!
> >
> > We are pleased to announce the release of Systm episode #2!  This time
> > we feature a how-to on the popular open source based PVR software,
> > MythTV.  MythTV brings you the ease-of-use of a TiVo and the flexibility
> > of a ReplayTV without any associated monthly service fees. We use the
> > bootable Linux-based OS, KnoppMyth, to demonstrate just how easy it is
> > to install, configure, and ultimately enjoy!"
> >
> > http://www.systm.org/ is the address. You need BitTorrent to download
> > the files. It's a great show. Check out episode 1 if you haven't
> > already.
>
> Yikes, my mistake. Episode 2 isn't available to anyone except
> newsletter subscribers yet.

The torrents are now up on systm.org for the mythtv episode. The
episode is quite slick and makes knoppmyth look very easy to install
compared to the *standard* distros. Shame the episode wasn't a bit
longer though to talk about things like themes, details about multiple
front- and backends (Mac Mini aside), and options for video/audio
collections. Still good to watch though - I guess you'd need several
episodes to just cover the basics in detail!

Nick