[mythtv-users] DVB-T problems with sound

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 13:49:39 UTC 2005

Can't take credit for this just a copy and paste from another thread
(couldnt find a link to it on google)

===================================

TS/PS:
TS, ("http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/MPEG2_Transport_Stream"), is
the original/raw format used in the DVB data stream. When Myth records
in TS mode it filters out unwanted pids (other channels & unwanted
streams) and does some minor rewriting of the PAT/PMT etc, but basically
it saves the data in its original format.

In PS mode, Myth converts the incoming TS data into PS
("http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/MPEG2_Program_Stream") format
before writing it to disk. PS format has slightly less overhead than TS
so it takes a few percent less space on disk, but it doesn't cope with
errors as well as TS, and since the TS->PS transform in Myth is pretty
"quick & dirty" it's likely to contain bugs and it won't handle the
"advanced" features planned for Myth (teletext, subtitles, MPEG-4
audio/video etc...)