[mythtv-users] Via Epia Hardware

Paul Bender pbender at qualcomm.com
Fri Jun 10 03:00:58 UTC 2005

I have two EPIA based diskless and fanless frontends: one EPIA ME6000
and one EPIA SP8000E. I run MiniMyth
<http://linpvr.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=8> on both. Both work well.

I bought the EPIA ME6000 before the EPIA SP8000E was available. The
downside of the EPIA ME6000 is that it is not capable of HD playback
(which works for me because I have one SDTV). The downside of the EPIA
SP8000E is that the drivers for the TV encoder chip are not quite ready,
so you must use the VGA output (which works for me because my HDTV has a
DVI-I input).