[mythtv-users] Re-add channel once ignored in Zap2It

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 9 19:27:36 UTC 2005

James Pifer wrote:

>I'm sure this has been asked before, but I did not find an answer
>searching the archives. I ignore a handful of channels on my zap2it
>subscription. I want to re-added a couple of them so I logged into
>zap2it and enabled them.

Good.  That's the right way to "ignore" channels--by telling zap2it not
to send them to you instead of telling MythTV to hide the channels after
you download the listings for them.

>After running mythfilldatabase the channels
>show up in the Listing, but they say No Data.

Is it like this for all days?  I would have guessed that--if nothing
else--tomorrow would show data (as mythfilldatabase downloads tomorrow's
data by default in case of updates).

If all days have data except today, just run:

mythfilldatabase --refresh-today

(you may also want to run "mythfilldatabase --help" to see some of the
other options).  If only tomorrow has data, you can either get it
"tomorrow" (i.e. each day, tomorrow and the day after the last day of
your data will be downloaded, so you'll get the next 10-12 days "just in
time" and from then on, you'll have the data) or you can clear the
programs table and download it all again.

HTH.

Mike