[mythtv-users] Re: mplayer audio sync issues

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 9 07:49:57 UTC 2005

Adam Gianola wrote:

>Mike, in response your request

Couple of things caught my attention...

>Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024): Permission denied
>Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your
>system startup scripts.

Your system is configured so non-root users don't have access to
high-frequency timing data, which is very useful for audio/video
playback.  I highly recommend fixing this (although it most likely won't
affect the sync problem).  Do exactly as the MPlayer error describes to
enable non-root users access to 1024Hz timing data.

>alsa-init: compiled for ALSA-1.0.8

This might be the problem.  Any way you can get a version of MPlayer
compiled against ALSA 1.0.9?

HTH.

Mike