[mythtv-users] First Time Playing Recorded Show Always Fails

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 15:02:42 UTC 2005

On 6/7/05, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
> Donavan Stanley wrote:
> >All in all, without more information nobody is going to be able to help you.
> >

> I wasn't asking for help, just pointing out that he wasn't the only one
> with the problem. I plan on rebuilding from current CVS soon, but I may
> wait a bit for the commits to die down a bit... :) Plus I haven't been
> able to schedule any down time... :)

A problem report is pretty much a request for help (or at least a
request that a bug be fixed).  There's nothing wrong with that, we
NEED problem reports, however we need constructive problem reports in
order to fix the bug if one exists.

For example, a problem much like what the OP reported was fixed a few
days ago in CVS.  If he's REALLY running the HEAD branch then there's
something still that needs looking in to.  If instead, he's running
HEAD as of a week ago then reporting a problem that's already been
fixed is nothing but wasting a developers time.