[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-3000 2.0 settings

Patrick Kirchner obecalp at ameritech.net
Wed Jun 8 13:41:39 UTC 2005

Greg,

I'm having a similar problem (but with an ATI TV Wonder & HD3000 & plain
old analog cable).  XawTV works fine for me too.

I have a few questions if you don't mind.

In the end are you using /dev/video1, /dev/dvb/adapter0..., or /dev/dtv ?
I don't even have /dev/dtv but do have the others.

Do you have to use the audio cable connected to sound input on your sound
card for sound?  What sound device are you pointing to in MythTV

Do these choices match your kernel .config file?

# Multimedia devices
CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=m
# Video For Linux
# Video Adapters
CONFIG_VIDEO_BT848=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88_DVB=m
# Digital Video Broadcasting Devices
CONFIG_DVB=y
CONFIG_DVB_CORE=m
# DVB-T (terrestrial) frontends
CONFIG_DVB_CX22700=m
CONFIG_DVB_CX22702=m
CONFIG_DVB_MT352=m
# ATSC (North American/Korean Terresterial DTV) frontends
CONFIG_DVB_OR51132=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_TUNER=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_BUF=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_BUF_DVB=m