[mythtv-users] Need suggestions - Pvr350 remote control extension cord

James Ogle jogle at wetafx.co.nz
Sun Jun 5 23:02:03 UTC 2005

Don wrote:

> I have my MythTv box in the basement with video and audio cable
> running up to the first floor tv, which works fine.  I'm trying to do
> the same with the remote control, so I built an extension cord with
> 3/32 stereo plugs on each end.  Unfortunately, It doesn't work.
> Anyone have suggestions on what to try?  Thanks,

I'm running an extension cord using cat5 and mini stereo jacks just like
you and it works fine. I'm running about 7-8 meters and only using one
wire for each signal. I am also running a home made ir blaster through
some of the other cores in the cat5 cable.

Test your cable with a multimeter first then try a shorter length of
cable to see if that could be the problem.