[mythtv-users] Mythmusic sorting order

David Morris mythtv at morrisonthenet.com
Fri Jun 3 17:57:31 UTC 2005

http://musicbrainz.org

I've had very good luck with the MusicBrainz Tagger application for
cleaning up ID3 tags.  However it's a Windows-only app (there is an OSX
version IIRC).  I ran it on a rag-tag collection of about 150 MP3's from
various sources, some pretty obscure, and most with munged or
inconsitent tags.  MusicBrainz found EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM in its
database and both fixed the tags and renamed the files to my specs.
Sometimes the initial search doesn't find it, but you can dig in to view
the possible hits and I always found what I was looking for there.  If
by chance you have something they don't, you can add it to their
database so the next person can find it.

Perhaps it will help in your case by consistently naming the artists.

David