[mythtv-users] Mac Laptop using wireless freezes on playback

Barry Hee barryhee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 02:55:24 UTC 2005

Is anyone using WiFi 802.11g for MythTV on a Mac laptop. I have a
NETGEAR WGT624 series 1 and a Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz and after about 3-4
seconds of recorded video it freezes for 10 or so seconds and then
goes back to the menus. It always freezes on the exact same frame with
all my recordings. Watching LiveTV is okay. The log it's much help and
the signal strength is great. When I connect using a wired link
everything is okay. I have also moved the laptop to 1 meter away to
check signal strength.

I am using MythTV 0.18.1 on a Fedora Core 3 backend with 2.6.10 stock
kernel and 3 DVICO Fusion HDTV Plus DVB cards. The server is connected
to a gigabit switch which is connected to my NETGEAR wireless router.
I have used MythTV .18.1 manually compiled and also a binary from
www.anthonymittaz.com with the same issues.

I also remember it has worked to a degree using early 0.18 binaries
from www.whpress.com/mythtv.

I will follow this note with a log file when I get home.Thanks in advance.

Barry.