[mythtv-users] FW: CableLabs

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Thu Jun 2 03:09:36 UTC 2005

I am Australian but I now spend most of my time in New York, no I don't
work for Telstra I work for myself (adhoc consulting, strategic
marketing direction and capital raising).

No I've never worked for a broadcaster my last two real jobs were in
1999 as Strategic Directions of a publicly list ISP aggregator (ASX:ISP)
and in 2001 as director of a 3 country data centre rollout based in
Kuala Lumpur, though at one stage in 1997 I did open the Australian
office for Singtel's international data sales.

My reasoning for being pissed at cablelabs was I was intending to build
a super dvr that sat behind the cable networks platform delivering value
add smart content, but they are a closed shop with their head in the
sand.

My intention now is to make suggestions to the MythTV project on value
add ideas to enhance the current offering.

Cheers,

Dean