[mythtv-users] Serial infrared sensor

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 19:54:13 UTC 2005

I've been following this thread in the hope that somebody would provide an
answer to this question, but so far things are still unclear.

I would like to find an IR receiver that is:

a) pre-built (I know I can build it myself, I'd prefer not to)
b) works with a TiVo remote
c) relatively cheap
d) works with LIRC

Does anybody have any suggestions? I have the IR receiver that came with my
PVR-150...but it doesn't work with the TiVo remote because it is RC-5 only.
I looked at StreamZap, but I couldn't find anything that says it works with
TiVo either (if somebody can confirm it does...I'll buy it).

Mike