[mythtv-users] 2 busted issues Myth .18

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:21:09 UTC 2005

On 5/31/05, Justin Kim <justinlkim at gmail.com> wrote:
> At 10:49 AM -0700 5/26/05, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >On 5/26/05, Ed Hills <ed at designersfortheatre.com> wrote:
> >>  So I feel i'm getting closer.  At least I know that the hardware works.
> >>
> >>  What I don't understand is why modprobe.conf fails to load the ivtv and
> >>  liric drivers.  Does it do anything at all.  Or How do I force
> >>  modprobe.conf to load.
> >
> >Look carefully at the IVTV messages in dmesg. I expect it's trying to
> >load, failing, and telling you why there. My problems have all be
> >solved by starting there. (PVR-250 & PVR-150)
>
>         I've been having this problem, too.
>
>         ivtv fails to load and /var/log/messages shows no ivtv
> messages.  I can start ivtv manually or add the appropriate commands
> to rc.local, but for some reason, ivtv won't start otherwise.
>
>         If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.  Below is my modprobe.conf:
>
> alias eth0 forcedeth
> alias eth1 r8169
> alias scsi_hostadapter sata_nv
> alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
> options snd-card-0 index=0
> install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
> /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
> }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
> alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
> alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
> alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
>
> # ivtv modules setup
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
> alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
> alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
>
> install ohci1394 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ohci1394;
> /sbin/modprobe raw1394

Only to say "me too". With the added point that if I modprobe ivtv in
rc.local, then I have to restart mythbackend before I can watch live
tv. Otherwise I get about 3 seconds of video before it freezes and
eventually times out. I guess recordings will fail in a similar
manner, but at the moment I use live tv as a test after a reboot. This
is with ivtv 3.4m from atrpms.

Chris