Fwd: Re: [mythtv-users] LIRC problem in Mythdvd/Mythvideo (lircd sends twice)

Mark Schuren mark at ultra.de
Sun Jul 31 13:12:38 EDT 2005

Joe Votour <joevph at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm using MythTV 0.18.1 with lirc and xine also, but
> on Fedora Core 3 (using ATrpms), and having no such
> problems.  The version of lirc is 0.7.1, and the
> version of xine is 0.99.3.

my xine-ui is 0.99.3 as well (mdk rpm) but lirc is 0.6.6
(also mdk) . I suspect the lirc version may be the problem
but i am unsure if changing this will have any impact
to the other (working) programs?

> You can assign the same button to multiple programs,
> that is not a problem.
>
> The command line I'm using for xine is:
> xine -D -pfhq --auto-scan dvd
>
> Unfortunately, the man page for the version of xine I
> have doesn't mention a -I parameter, but it mentions
> that -H hides the video window.  I wonder if this is a
> problem.

-H is wanted because my video driver is "dxr3", a holly-
wood plus card. i don't want to see an empty video window
when playback is via dxr3 on my tv.

-I is (i think) for switching on deinterlace. but the lirc
problem also happens without -I

i also had this config working on my heavily patched
mandrake 10.0 before but the update to mdk 10.2 made
this issue pop up...

in my last config i compiled almost everything myself
(at least kernel, lirc, dxr3, xine, mplayer, myth).
and i am quite sure that i had lirc 0.7.0, but i deleted
the sources unfortunately so i am not sure :(

i think i will give it a try and update the lirc stuff
by hand and see if it behaves the same way. just wanted to
avoid it ;)

i will give feedback if this helps.

many thanks so far

> Also, are you using a window manager when running
> MythTV?  If not, it could cause some focus issues that
> might contribute to what you're seeing.

kde 3.3 as it comes with mdk 10.2

i thought these focus problems are only related to
irxevent...?

aren't they?