[mythtv-users] PVR-500 driving me nuts

Rob Bongiovi rbongiovi at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 08:51:29 EDT 2005

I reliably get my PVR-500 (and my PVR-150) to work on
my FC4 setup using the ATRPMs at-testing version of
ivtv (currently ivtv 0.3.6w), then go back to an
earlier version of firmware as recommended here:
http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=FirmwareVersions
. (Instructions for installing the firmware this way
are here:
http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=ExtractingTheFirmware)
I am not convinced that the v0.2 versions of ivtv
won't work, but I know the 0.3 versions work and I've
had no problems with them yet.

I am experimenting with configurations, so I've used
this method to get my PVR-500 and PVR-150 working in
separate boxes as well as all in one box.

Also, the ivtv thread link above makes a lot of sense
to me. I have to not just reboot, but shutdown my
machine and restart to get the new firmware to work
(it loads but I still have no sound and/or static).

Finally, I only use my tuner 0's, so no promises that
this makes the other inputs work.

Hope this helps!
Rob