[mythtv-users] Audio Setup

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Sun Jul 31 07:39:16 EDT 2005

Well, I've finally gotten around to trying to finish the setup of my MythTV
box. (Such a pity when work gets in the way of personal projects).

This may be a silly question but I am wondering about the setup of audio in
my particular rig. I have a straight combined front and back end box based
on Jarod's Guide with FC3, a Hauppage 350 in an Intel motherboard that has a
basic sound card in it.

So my question is, if the 350 has audio input and output do I use these or
do I go with the motherboard's onboard audio?

Do I need to route the 350's audio back through the embedded audio perhaps?

Can someone please explain the way that a rig based on a 350 should work?

BTW. I'm doing X over the 350 and this at lest seems to work OK. Haven't got
the tuner to work properly yet but plan to post another email to this list
shortly.

Regards

Marty