[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 3000: Questions from a MythTV newbie

David ellis david at ellisonline.ca
Sat Jul 30 23:56:30 EDT 2005

I also concur - the card is great.

I've got two of them on a backend here and after several weeks of
driver changes, antenna movement, etc. I got them working nicely with
10 channels beamed from 40K away (buffalo to Toronto).

Some general notes:
- the card seems to work best with a audio sampling of 32000 (this is
the default for myth), if you change this you'll get skittering audio.
- Your in for a world of pain if you try and combine them with ivtv
based tuners (like the 250 and 350), I eventually just moved them off
to a dedicated backend to avoid the driver conflicts.
- If you get jumpy video or audio you may need to play with XVMC or
real time threads to smooth out the playback.
- Tuning channels can result in "Green Blocks", I used the advanced
option on the card definition screen to use "Open on Demand". If you
tune a channel and get green blocks - simply exit live tv and reopen
- the blocks will be gone.

David

David