[mythtv-users] Re: XvMC output not working

Dave dbadia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 10:25:39 EDT 2005

On 7/29/05, Todd Ignasiak <ignasiak at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had this issue with when using NVidia 7667 drivers, and MythTV 0.18.1.
>
> After upgrading to the latext svn (development) release of MythTV,
> XvMC began working.
>

> -- While trying to debug this issue, I read other reports of XvMC
> working for other people with MythTV 0.18.1.   So, there may be some
> way to make it work.     But, for me, upgrading took care of the
> problem.

Oops, forgot to send this to the list....

Tried this with the svn version of Myth (using NVidia 7174):  It still
doesn't work, but it looks like Myth defaults back to non-XvMC and
plays the stream:

2005-07-29 10:51:08.678 Unable to create XvMC Context, status(11): BadAlloc
2005-07-29 10:51:08.678 Could not open XvMC port...

                        You may wish to verify that your DISPLAY
                        environment variable does not use an external
                        network connection.

Maybe I'll try the 7667 drivers next....

Thanks for the suggestions
Dave