[mythtv-users] YPrPb component out for MythTV

David George david at thegeorges.us
Sat Jul 30 08:52:15 EDT 2005

James Oltman wrote:

>On 7/29/05, Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm looking for a video card or mother board with on-board video supported
>>by MythTV that has simple YPrPb component output.  I've seen a few cards
>>from ATI, but I fear Linux support for those.
>>
>NVidia makes several cards that have component output on them.  I do
>most of my shopping through www.newegg.com and they refer to it as
>HDTV out.  I just posted a question yesterday regarding this card:
>
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814127174

I have this one in my current P4 2.4 machine:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122222

fanless nVidia 6200 based, came with component video output.  It works
great on my Samsung HDTV in 480p mode.  1080i mode works, but I am
having a problem with Xv.  With X in 1080i mode watching something in
mplayer or mythtv X goes to ~100% CPU and I have to ssh and kill the X
server.  See this thread at nVidia forums:

Still haven't been able to spend any time getting my 667T frontend
finished.  I did get the 480p modes working, but haven't been able to
make time to work on the 1080i modes.

--
David
http://mythhd.info