[mythtv-users] YPrPb component out for MythTV

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 30 04:53:42 EDT 2005

>>>>> James Oltman writes:

j> NVidia makes several cards that have component output on them.  I do
j> most of my shopping through www.newegg.com and they refer to it as
j> HDTV out.  I just posted a question yesterday regarding this card:

j> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814127174

        It looks like XV support is poor on nVidia's newer chips:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=8f9a3c82b629b39c19734d40e3315f68&t=54336

If that thread is accurate, I think it means newer 6800 and all 6600
and 6200 cards.  Does anyone know any different?

        I guess I didn't pay attention to the reports of people on
this list having problems with these cards.  I got a 6600 card and
playing a 720p video at 720 or 1080 resolution just maxes out an
Athlon64 3500 with the X server using more than 60% of the CPU.  There
are also no XV controls for brightness, saturation, etc.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.