[mythtv-users] 6200 Firewire issues

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 09:49:58 EDT 2005

Gambit, just to add to your question (without offering any
solutions...) I just recently started using firewire via a 6200 on a
slave backend on my system.  While I don't experience any issues with
channel changing at all, I do get the same 15 second timeout that
you're seeing - particularly while trying to watch live TV through the
firewire.  Additionally, I will get some recordings that cause the
frontend to crash.  They're not zero-size recordings, but something
gets "corrupted' to some degree which causes Myth to freak out when
trying to view them. They give this error on the frontend logs:

"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): St9bad_alloc
Aborted"

 Interestingly, they can be played back successfully using mplayer
manually.  Also, they playback just fine in the small "preview" window
in Myth on the recorded shows screen.   After searching the mailing
lists, I know I'm not alone in experiencing this either.

Anyway, I too am searching for solutions to both of these problems as
I think many (most?) 6200-firewire users are experiencing them.  Does
anyone know if there's been any development recently on anything
firewire related? (or if there's anything in the pipeline?)