[mythtv-users] Distortion on sides of video - Overdriving brightness?

Michael Jones m_g_j at michaelandholly.com
Fri Jul 29 03:25:00 EDT 2005

My system is running svideo from the an nvidia card to a standard 32" tv.

The video from recorded TV, live TV and from xine is distored along the
sides of the screen.  I can increase the overscan and eliminate the
"obvious" edge.. but the distortion is still evident.

Modifying the overall brightness doesn't seem to help.

I've also tried changing the resolution, and it still doesn't help.

It also seems more evident in brighter video than darker video.

Any ideas?

- Michael