[mythtv-users] MythTV & CJK (Japanese) (in japan)

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 01:19:09 EDT 2005

Thanks to everyone on the list, I have finally gotten my MythTV server up.
Unfortunately with FC4 I seem to have to manually stop and start the
backend service before I get a picture that doesn't freeze, but I will
leave that for another day...

CJK fonts.

On my program guide and throughout MythTV I have no problem showing
all of my Japanese characters. However, when I am in the "Watch TV"
mode and I switch channels, the font does not work and I get lots of
empty boxes. If I go back to the Program guide, *poof*, no problem.

Why are Japanese fonts not working when I switch channel (current
program description) and how do I get it to work??? Thank you!
--
Co-ordinator of International Relations
Board of Education, Chunan-cho