[mythtv-users] Fast Fowarding Lines in captured video?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 22:40:24 EDT 2005

Hello!

If needed, I'll attach a 10-20 second clip of a show to better explain
what is happening...

It seems that several (random?) shows I record from SpikeTV, during
playback the sound stops and 'fast-forward' lines appear and then it
will return to normal, then repeat a few minutes later.  The best way
I can describe it is that it looks like a VCR is fast-forwarding the
video.  I would blame it on the station if it were 1 day, or even a
few days in a row.  But it's happening fairly often and randomly (all
I record from SpikeTV are Star Trek: TNG and CSI) on the 2 shows I
record.  I originally thought that maybe they got a new pet in the
station and it was stepping across the buttons and hitting
fast-forward :D

Anyway..

Should this be construed as a myth error?  Or a SpikeTV error?  Or my
hardware error?  Should I attach the clip to show you what I mean, or
is this a known issue error with something?  Any ideas on diagnosing
this?  There aren't any messages in the backend or from the terminal I
start mythfrontend in...

Thanks!!!

Chad