[mythtv-users] SVN upgrade... change channel: OSD not updated.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 28 19:08:09 EDT 2005

Greg Grotsky wrote:

>Just updated my SVN yesterday afternoon, now when I change channels on
>my pcHDTV card using DVB the channel will change but the OSD stays
>with the old information.

LIke this?
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/142188#142188

>Not sure if it's this but am I upgrading
>correctly?  These are the steps I take:
>
>1) make uninstall (first mythplugins, then myththemes, then mythtv)

probably overkill, but shouldn't hurt

>2) make distclean (in mythtv, and mythplugins)

also often overkill, but if you have the patience, it can be good (so
you don't have to pay attention to when it is and isn't necessary)

>in mythtv directory
>3) ./configure (with my options)
>4) qmake <file.pro>
>5) make, then make install
>6) repeat 3,4,5 in myththemes, then mythplugins.

Now that the patch for your problem is in, you can practice again.  ;)

Mike